[For printable PDF version, click here]
[For printable WORD version, click here]
UU NINTH GRADE TRIP
RESEARCH / UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISM Blue
This assignment will review UU history and will also introduce
you to the UUA's website. This assignment is due by February 28. It MUST be mailed or e-mailed to
Mitch before February 28.
Mailed to 275 Main St, Broomfield CO 80020 or e-mailed to
On the www, go to http://uu9gt.org/documents/homework/UUOrigins.htm, then find the answers to these questions.
1. What is the Greek definition of Heresy? Why have UUs always been heretics?
2. When did Christianity lose its element of choice and by what Creed?
3. Who wrote "On the Errors of the Trinity" and what happened to its author?
4. Which was the first denomination to ordain women and who was the first woman ordained?
5. When did the Unitarians and Universalists merge to become the UUA?
Go to www.uua.org/beliefs/chalice/
6. What are some of the current Unitarian Universalist interpretations of the flaming chalice ?
Go to www.uua.org/beliefs/principles/index.shtml
7. Name two of the seven principles that member congregations of the UUA covenant to affirm and promote.
8. UU living traditions draw from many sources. Which source do you think
relates most meaningfully to the Navajo and Hopi religious traditions?
Go to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main Page and in the Search Box type "List of Unitarian" and
then click on the "List of Unitarians, Universalists, and Unitarian Universalists"
9. Name eight famous UUs, one each starting with a name starting with A, D, G, J, M, P, T, W. Try to find ones you've heard of.
10.Return to the UUA Main Page(www.uua.org). Click on "Find a Congregation." See if
your church has a web page and if it does, check it out!
[Maps & Directions]