[For printable PDF version, click here]
[For printable WORD version, click here]
UU NINTH GRADE TRIP
RESEARCH / DINE I (Blue)
This assignment will give you additional knowledge about the Navajo. Go to the sites noted and find
answers to the following questions. Look around while you are at the website.
This assignment is due at the February class.
It may be emailed to mitch before the class at
On the www, go to www.navajocentral.org. and on the far right side of the screen, click on FAQs. Then Click on Part 1. Find the answers to these questions.
1. What is the correct spelling for the name of the tribe, Navaho or Navajo? What name do they call themselves? (Question 1)
2. What is it like to be a minority on the Navajo Nation? (Question 7)
3. What is a Yeibechei dance? (Question 23)
4. Do I have to pay to take a person's photo? (Question 37)
5. Where did the Navajo people get the sheep for the wool that is used in the rugs? (Question 43)
6. Is rodeo a popular sport on the Navajo Nation? (Question 48)
7. What kind of housing is available on the reservation? (Question 50)
8. Describe the behavior expectations of vistors to the Dine Reservation. (Questions 52,53,54)
9. Describe what the typical weather is in Chinle. (Question 58)
10. Chapter? What's that? (Question 64)
[Maps & Directions]