[For printable PDF version, click here]
[For printable WORD version, click here]
UU 9th Grade Trip Steering Committee
7 p.m. July 26, 2009 at JUC
In September (if needed)
In attendance: Reverend Betty Pingel, Mitch Pingel, Brenda Helms,
Jenny Bridges, Laura McCollom, Melinda McGann
Reviewed Evaluations from trip participants
- The High Plains RE Director, Lori Stump, gave COEXIST buttons to each of the RE Volunteers at the church,
and included the 9th Grade Trip RA's in that nice gesture.
- Jenny will mail the buttons off to those RA's who were not at the Recognition Service.
- The Durango Church has asked that we stay at their church and do a service from them again next year.
Mitch accepted this offer.
- The donation to Chinle Elementary was used to purchase basketballs and frisbees, and was especially appreciated because funding was cut.
- We have $2700 more in our budget this yeat post ripp than we did last year (despite the fact that Jenny bought too many
oranges and apples)
Steering Committee Representation
- It was decided that we will include each church's Board Presidents on our Steering Committee mailing list.
- Youth Representation at Steering Committee Meetings was discussed. Brenda will invite Claire Dougherty to be the Youth Rep.
- Mitch thanked the team for helping to write a well thought out response to the letter from UUCB. We received positive
feedback regarding our response from the Ray Knutson, UUCB Board President and from Nancy Bowen, MDD Executive Director.
Angela Prideaux's letter of concern was reviewed and discussed.
- Melinda pointed out that the HTML version of the covenant, posted on the website, is an older version than the one
distributed at orientations. Mitch agreed to update this.
- The wording at the very end of the Trip Covenant will be changed to include the words "your signature on the permission
slip indicates that you understand the behavior expectations, rules, and consequences and agree to abide by this covenant."
(words in bold are additions).
- We will let ministers know when 9th Grade Trip orientations are scheduled.
- Trippers have been organizing bowling, Water World and other activities. Tripper Face Books now include many wonderful
memories, photos, poetry and more related to the trip.
- It was decided that we would separate males and females at bedtime at retreats and on the trip beginning this fall to
decrease bedtime interactions.
- Bus Loading was made more efficient this year by having Trippers stacking luggage next to the bay.
- Mitch will sew numbered and colored tags onto each of the sleeping bags in order to address the issue of
luggage tags falling off, and to allow colors to be identified from the top of the luggage.
- All Souls UU
- First Univiversalist
- Mitch, Adam, Amanda
- September 14
- 7:00 PM
- Laura and Mitch
- September 20
- Retreats and Classes
- October 25th
- Boulder Unitarian Church
- November 13th, 14th , 15th
- December 13th
- First Unitarian fundraiser and class
- January 8th, 9th, 10th
- February 21st
- First Universalist
- April 16th to 25th
- On The Bus
- Recognition Service
- Jenny will continue as RA but will no longer coordinated meals. Jenny will send her menus to Mitch.
- Adam has agreed to manage the meals with Mitch
- RAs for next year
- Under Consideration
- Spud Vandewater (First Universalist)
- Dave Judd (BVUUF)
- Craig Williamson (JUC)
- John Ray (JUC)
- Scott McCollum (BVUUF)
- Unavailable as RA
- Brenda Helms
- Roger Coughlan
- Brenda Helms will be First Universalist/9th Grade Trip Liaison